Saturday, May 16, 2009

My Square Foot Garden


Last summer we were up to our eye balls in a re-landscaping project consequesntly I had no garden, no fresh herbs, nothing green to water until the big moment when the entire yard was put in on one great day in September. Celebration! This spring I've been studying a birthday gift, a book called Square Foot Gardening. My hope is that it will transform my way of gardening into this new, lush, bounteous vegetable garden of my dreams. A couple of the main differences are the type of soil used and the vertical frame--they are dramatically different from anything I have ever done before.

So the experiment has begun. My handy son-in-law made a wonderful vertical frame, my husband has helped me with the soil mix and plantings and now we just need sun and water to see how this is going to turn out. I hope your garden is coming along in some form from pots to a big garden plot. In cooking there is nothing like fresh vegetables and herbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails