Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Bad Day in the Kitchen, Should have used Cookwise, by Shirley O. Corriher OATMEAL BREAD


Have any of you ever had a bad day in the kitchen? Yesterday I started to make some bread a little late in the afternoon and by the time evening came around I had to leave for a meeting and left someone at home in charge of baking the bread. Things got a little crazy and they sort of forgot about the bread and before long the bread was left by it's lonesome sitting on the counter to rise and rise and rise. That spells trouble for all those air bubbles. However, when I got home I baked it anyway and it makes great toast!

Today's kitchen efforts worked out much better for everyone including todays batch of bread. I love this recipe for Oatmeal Bread that has been adapted from a favorite cookbook of mine, Cookwise, by Shirley O. Corriher. You can go here to get details on this one-of-a-kind book. It has answered many questions for me to help me avoid bad days in the kitchen or at least to help me understand why some things happen.



NOTE: Correction to the recipe- Just before you put the bread in the oven, turn heat down to 350 degrees for the duration of baking or you will have two very, dark black loaves of charcoal something or other in your oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails